Journey To Sara

Hello Everyone! Welcome to our Blog! I'm Gina & my hubby is Philip. We have 3 bio children and we are thrilled to be in our first adoption journey to Ukraine to find our little Sara. I truly believe this is a call from God and look forward to traveling with HIM on our side. We feel very grateful to be given the honour of adopting a child into our family. It has been simply amazing!! Please enjoy as you join us on our journey to Sara.......

Saturday, May 05, 2007

Spring brings new beginnings...................

Spring brings new beginnings...........as it did today.
Today was the first weekend our trailer park opened. Every year Philip and I would bring the kids to our family sized camper on the first weekend of May. We would always be so excited and anxious to see our dear friends again after the long winter. We would look forward to spending a relaxing and fun weekend with our family and friends.
Shortly after Philip passed away, I had decided to continue going to the trailer-park with the kids. We all know how much Philip loved being at the park. Plus the kids needed to have some sort of stability and familiar plans for each season that passes. I think I would feel like I was wiping away a part of Philip if I had decided not to go at all and sell the trailer. We made many good memories there together and I don't want the kids to forget about them. I look forward to sitting around the campfire with the kids and my dear trailer-park friends and talk about the many memories Philip made for us and many people in the park.
So, today we had one of our new beginnings on this beautiful spring day..............

This day began with my good friends, Bill and Richard ringing my door-bell. They had come to help move my 5th-wheel camper out of storage and pull it to the trailer park. They were even going to set it all up for me, so it was ready to use. Silvo (my brother-in-law) had offered to pull the camper with his truck. He had the proper stuff installed in the back of the truck a few weeks before. The only problem we had today was not being able to find the keys to open the camper. I searched high and low with no such luck in finding them. Well the guys thought of asking the park owners if they possibly had a spare key for emergencies. Smart thinking guys! They had a key! This gave them the opportunity to open the camper up and hook up the gas, water and electricity. The kids and I arrived when they were all done. We saw some of our friends along the way and they were so happy to see us and even said so. It felt good to see them again. They reminded us that we have alot of good friends here and they are always there for anything we need. I had brought Bill, Richard and Silvo some food and drink. That is the least I could have done today. I plan on inviting them over for a huge spaghetti and meatball dinner in appreciation for what they did for me.
Bill and Richard have been so good to me and the kids and their friendship means so much to me. Silvo has been great. He has been helping us left, right and center. I feel so grateful for all that they have done and I'm positive Philip is looking down at you's with the biggest smile you ever saw.
Thank-You from the bottom of my heart.
After the boys left, Anthony and I began to do some cleaning up. I cleaned indoors and Anthony cleaned up outside. Marina and Rafael went exploring and Sara was checking out all the forgotten toys that had been hibernating in the camper during the winter. We originally were all excited about coming. The weather was perfect and our campsite welcomed us with memories of the past summer spent here. Everything was the same as we had left it. Somehow we all slowly found ourselves feeling sad from missing Philip being there. We didn't really talk to each other about it and I think we all didn't really want to either. I decided on this first day without our beloved Philip.......we needed to digest this moment together in a peaceful silence. I'm sure the kids were thinking about memories they had with their father as I also was remembering. I know today was alittle difficult for all of us. I am hoping that the difficult days will eventually lessen and we will enjoy our lives like Philip so desparately wanted for us to do. I have decided to continue coming to the campsite mainly for this reason.
I accomplished alot of cleaning and I plan on coming again tomorrow to finish up and fill the fridge and cupboards with food and drink. I also want to get started on my little garden that I have here.
I hope my decision to return to the campsite is a good one. I will try to be as optimistic as possible on the beginning of our 'new beginning' on this beautiful spring day....................................

May the warmth of the spring sun bring a smile to everyone's face....................................................
Take care everyone,
Gina

4 Comments:

  • At 4:34 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Gina,
    It is so nice that you and the family were able to go to the trailer park. It was a great choice to hear that you decided to keep the family tradition by keeping the trailer. As we all know Philip was so excited going to the camp site and having lots of fun with family and friends. Keep his dreams and his memories alive and continue to make new memories. Enjoy your weekends there and have lots of fun!!!

    Ralph, Linda, Krizia and Chantelle Savoia

     
  • At 5:35 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Gina ... we can't put into words how good it was to see you and the kids on Saturday! We were worried that you may not want to return to the park. We allready miss Phil so much , and it was only the first weekend. We have only known you and your wonderful family for a few short years , but Phil , you and the kids touched our hearts immediately. As I am writing this , my eyes are watering up thinking about what you and the kids have gone through. I'm also thinking selfishly too ... how much I'm going to miss hearing that familiar voice saying "hi Phil!" , and me returning the greeting by saying "hi Phil!" So in a selfish way I guess , it's therapeutic for us as well to have you and the kids back. Gina , I know I'm rambling here ,and I'm sorry. Just trying to put a whole lot of thoughts into words! We'll see you at the park soon , and tell Anthony to keep up on the practicing!
    Your Friends For Life

    Phil and Sandra

     
  • At 7:42 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Dear Gina:

    It was really nice to see you and the kids on Saturday. We were really glad to see that you decided to come back. Phil touched all of us in a specail kind of way. I am going to miss hearing him walk by my trailer saying "yeh BABY". Mark and I had gone for a walk on Friday night and went down to your lot. It was very emotional and then to see that Richard and Cathy have left the park. We can't wait to have a campfire and remember Phil. He was the type of man you could never get mad at, he was the first person that would put a smile on your face if you were down. Also, Anthony has really grown up he looks like a man now. You have yourself some great kids. Rafael will come around, he is still young. He has Anthony as a great roll model, so you have nothing to worry about. Take care and we look forward to seeing all of you on the long weekend.

    Sue and Mark

     
  • At 10:37 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Great work.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home