Journey To Sara

Hello Everyone! Welcome to our Blog! I'm Gina & my hubby is Philip. We have 3 bio children and we are thrilled to be in our first adoption journey to Ukraine to find our little Sara. I truly believe this is a call from God and look forward to traveling with HIM on our side. We feel very grateful to be given the honour of adopting a child into our family. It has been simply amazing!! Please enjoy as you join us on our journey to Sara.......

Saturday, April 21, 2007

"FAMILY DAY"

Hello everyone,
Today is Sara's one year anniversary of the day we took her out of the orphanage for good! Alot of people call this the "Gotcha Day". I've decided to call it our "Family Day". This is the day we all became a new family with Sara. I just wanted it to be fair for all my children. I don't think it's fair to Sara's brothers & sister to have 2 celebrations (today & birthday) for Sara and the rest only their birthday celebration. I definitely don't want to be favouring one more than the other. I want each and everyone of them to feel special. I also want them to know that each one of them is a very important part of our family unit. Today we will spend the afternoon (just us 5) together just doing "stuff" in town and at home. I have also baked the Ukrainian sweet bread called,"Paska" and I also made a big pot of yummy "Borsht soup". My mother will also be preparing a nice italian "Gniocchi" dish. We will be enjoying a wonderful italian and ukrainian dinner tonight. We will also be viewing the pictures and video's we took in Ukraine. I will post again tomorrow to let you know how things went. I hope everyone has an excellent day today. It is the most fantastic weather outdoors!
Ciao and Paca !
Take care everyone
Gina

4 Comments:

  • At 3:32 p.m., Blogger Living Life with Sophia said…

    Congratulations! One Year!! It seems that Sara has been part of your family 4-Ever. Happy Family Day Kids Big Hugs to Everyone!! Enjoy your dinner.
    Thinking of you always...

    Les, Patricia, and the Kids!!!

     
  • At 9:17 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Happy Family Day to All of You!!! What a special event that should be remembered. We just can't believe how the time as gone so quick. Sara has been a great addition to your family. She is a cutie just like the rest of the gang. We hope you had a great day on Saturday spending time with everyone. The weather was totally great all weekend which of course makes it extra nice. Take care and lots of XOXO to everyone!!!

    Love Ralph, Linda, Krizia and Chantelle Savoia

     
  • At 11:01 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hi zia Gina, happy family day!!!!

    WOW one year has gone by. It amazing how time does go by.. As I worte before, it seemed like not long ago when you were telling me about thinking about adopting a child.

    Now in a couple of weeks we get to celebrate her 4th birthday. This time I get to be there, last year I missed it because I went to Italy.

    Im so looking forward to it. Love you all, your niece & cousin Tonia

     
  • At 9:31 p.m., Blogger adoptedthree said…

    Its funny how God entwines families as you are celebrating the gotcha/family day of your Sarah we are celebrating the welcome to America day of our daughter one year later.

    We adoptived families are all interwined in our own special ways.

    We pray for peace for you and your family with the loss of Phillip.

    Blessings and Peace
    The Seylers

     

Post a Comment

<< Home