Journey To Sara

Hello Everyone! Welcome to our Blog! I'm Gina & my hubby is Philip. We have 3 bio children and we are thrilled to be in our first adoption journey to Ukraine to find our little Sara. I truly believe this is a call from God and look forward to traveling with HIM on our side. We feel very grateful to be given the honour of adopting a child into our family. It has been simply amazing!! Please enjoy as you join us on our journey to Sara.......

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Continuation of May updates

Hello, I'm back again to give you all more updates.
Wed. May 17th
Today we went to the city to visit with the pediatrician. We saw Dr. A. Simone in Mississauga, Ontario. I explained the best I could to Sara that we were going to a visit with a doctor. She quickly said, nyet. I told her that he would look in her ears, mouth and eyes. I said he was a nice doctor and he wouldn't be giving her needles today. She seemed to relax after that. Sara did very well. She was alittle shy and cooperated. She was weighed, measured for her height. The nurse looked into her ears, eyes, mouth etc. We talked about her history and the immunizations. We were told that she was doing quite well and was at an average level for a 3 yr old. It was recommended that we have all her immunizations done again and he also added on a few other things to check for in her blood work. He also stressed that it was very important to work on attachment & bonding because of her age. Absolutely no daycare or classes of any sort. It was important that I stay with her all the time and do everything for her. Nobody else can do anything for her expect me and Philip for the next 6 months. On our way home we sang "Old McDonalds". Sara loves this song and tries to sing along.
Thurs. May 18th
Today my sister and I went to apply for Sara health card and social insurance number. I brought Sara of course and she brought her daughter Samantha. Sara and my niece love to play with each other, even though Samantha is only14 months old and Sara is almost 3 yrs. It was a terrible weather all day! It wouldn't stop raining. Afterwards we went to a near by mall. I put Sara in a stroller. We went to Sears and I bought her a new carseat. Sara began to regress again while we were shopping. Sara wanted a soother just like Samantha's, so I bought her one and she used it right away. She also started making baby noises and saying she was mamma's baby. On our way home Sara and Samantha both passed out in the back seat right away and they looked so adorable! My sister took some pictures. This evening I also made some phone calls to invite everyone to Sara's up coming birthday party. We are also having our youngest son's communion celebration at the same time. We discussed it with Rafael first to see if he was o.k. with this and agreed to it. All he was worried about was his presents!
Fri. May 19th
Today I had a good day with Sara. She would repeatedly make a sad face with pout and all to receive hugs and kisses from me. Then I ended up kissing her all over. I started from the top of her head, eyes, ears, nose, right down to kissing each and every toe! She just loved it and wanted me to do it again. We also got ready for another weekend at the camper which we have been going to every other weekend. I think this gives her a good break inbetween. Sara seems to really enjoy going to the camper. She really enjoys the outdoors and she loves to sit by the fire eating her "fish crackers" and repeating,"Cot! Cot!" while wrinkling up her nose and holding up her hands.
Fri. May 26th
Today I'm preparing for Sara's birthday party. There will be some friends and family coming tommorow to celebrate with us. I also explained to her the best I could what was happening tommorrow. I said birthday in russian to her and then I sang Happy Birthday to her. I also said party and presents for Sara tommorrow in Russian. Then I told her that she was no longer 2 and she was going to be 3! She understood what I was saying and sang Happy Birthday to herself all day! It was so adorable!
Sat. May27th
Happy Birthday Sara!! She is 3 years old today. She woke up all excited this morning and woke up her sister Marina saying, "Sara 3! 3! while pointing to herself". I explained to her that after her afternoon nap she would have her birthday party. My mom was over helping out alot. We were cooking up a storm. My sister also came to help out too. Sara slept for only an hour. I think she was too excited. I dressed her in a pretty 3/4 length pink flowered dress. Everyone came around 4pm. There were about 4 other little girls around the same age as Sara. She had so much fun playing with them. You didn't seem to mind the crowd at all. A few times Sara asked if she could open her presents and said right after her cake. I purchased Sara and Rafael separate cakes to make it extra special for both of them. Rafael also had everyone sing, "Happy communion to you". I'll never forget the expression on Sara's face when we all sang Happy Birthday to her! She was loving every minute of it and when we all clapped after she blew out the candles she was beaming! Then she finally opened the presents. She was thoroughly enjoying herself. She ripped opened gifts as fast as she could and put some things on along the way! It was great watching her. What a wonderful day!!!!
Tues. May 30th
It's already one month today that we are home with Sara!!! It has literally flown by. Attachment and bonding have been progressing quite nicely. She seems to want to be with me more and more each day. The only thing is that she is taking a long time to fall asleep. She takes at least 1/2 an hour and wants me to sit on her bed until she falls asleep. She is getting along great with her brother Anthony and sister Marina. I've detected alittle jealousy from Rafael so we had a talk with him right away to reassure him that we love him just as much as we ever did. I was expecting it anyways because he was the youngest. They get along great and have even begun alittle bit of sibling disagreements. Its kind of funny to watch and tells me that everyone is getting comfortable with each other.
That's it for today. Until next time.........Take care everyone!

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home