Journey To Sara

Hello Everyone! Welcome to our Blog! I'm Gina & my hubby is Philip. We have 3 bio children and we are thrilled to be in our first adoption journey to Ukraine to find our little Sara. I truly believe this is a call from God and look forward to traveling with HIM on our side. We feel very grateful to be given the honour of adopting a child into our family. It has been simply amazing!! Please enjoy as you join us on our journey to Sara.......

Wednesday, April 25, 2007

My Sara.........My Angel

Greetings to all,
I apologize for not posting on Sunday. We were visiting with my brother-in-law, Luigi and my sister-in-law, Stella , nieces, nephews and extended family at Wanda and John's place. We had a very nice day together and the kids enjoyed themselves as always. They have all been so supportive of me and the kids. I am so grateful to have them in our lives. I intend to always keep it this way. They mean so much to me. Thanks a bunch guys.
This is the second time I am doing this post! I was actually doing this on Monday afternoon and then I had to walk away from the computer for a while. Well I forgot to save it before I told my son Anthony to quickly shut off the computer. A wind and rain storm just suddenly hit us. It only went on for 1/2 hour, but it was pretty bad. Well needless to say, my post disappeared!

My Sara........My Angel............
She had a fantastic day on Sat. April 21st, our "Family Day". Actually we all had a great time together. We started off the day by sleeping in and watching a movie in our p.j.'s and eating breakfast together. We then got ourselves ready and we were off to town. It was perfect weather. The sun was shining and the sky was bluer than blue. While driving, I announced to the kids that today is a very special day. Today is the day Sara was adopted and we became the family we are today. Today is our "Family Day".I want you all to make a big effort to be nice to each other and thats including me! Today we are going to celebrate by having fun together!
Once I arrived in town, I pulled up at Kentucky Fried Chicken drive-through. The kids all Woo-Hooed ! They love KFC, which I only purchase once in a blue moon. We took our KFC picnic lunch to Riverdale Park. Sara began to jump up and down with excitment. Sara has been dying to go to this park as we drove by it many times during the winter. It is a beautifully set up park. It's a large park that is nestled in a forested area and is totally surrounded by huge maple trees. (amazing colours in the fall) It sits off a quiet street and has the local hospital almost right next door. As we arrived we saw the park buzzing with children of all sizes. We headed off to a picnic table and devoured our lunch. There's nothing like eating fried chicken out-doors! After we were done eating, we played fris-bee together. Anthony, my oldest, attempted to show Sara the technique of throwing a fris-bee. After a few tries she finally got it and jumped up and down and did her little dance saying,"Idid it!, Idid it!"Shortly after we headed to the swings, jungle gyms and slides. Anthony, Marina and Rafael were wonderful with Sara as they all took turns helping Sara with whatever she wanted to try next. Each one of them just let loose and had fun. I thought maybe Anthony (Almost 16yrs) would think it wasn't 'cool' To play in the park. Well, no worries, he was right there at the very top of the huge spider web jungle gym! It was such a joy to see them that day, just being happy and just being kids.
After a couple of hours playing I called them over to a more private area of the park. We all sat together on some very large rocks. I had brought some wrapped gifts for them as a surprise. I told them I was giving them these gifts to remember this special day. I told them that I love each one of you very much and each one of you make a very important part of our family. I received hugs and kisses and "thank-you mom, I love you!" I had given them each a necklace with a special engraved message fom me. I helped them with their necklaces and announced,"Lets go for icecream!' We headed for the "Dairy Queen". This place has been around since I was a kid myself! We stuffed our faces with scrumptious, yummy icecream before we headed back home.
That evening we had an Italian/Ukrainian dinner. I had made the Ukrainian Easter sweet bread called 'paska' and a big pot of borsht soup. My mom prepared 'gnocchi' with fresh tomatoes and basil. It was a fantastic meal and Sara enjoyed every bit of it. I only invited my parents and my sister to join us because I didn't want alot of "hoop-la" going on. I wanted the kids to feel that this was our special day to celebrate and be together.
Afterwards, when my parents went home, we looked at the pictures and videos taken in Ukraine last year. Sara was happy to see pictures of her and Daddy. She mostly wanted to see the videos. Sometimes she would get very sad looking at her and Daddy and sometimes I guess it was because of memories she was having about her time in the orphanage. From now on I will take the videos and pictures out only if she asks me to. Over all she enjoyed seeing them.

My Sara...... My Angel.........I will lovingly hold your heart in mine , FOREVER.
I love you...........MY DAUGHTER................Love, Mommy.......

God Bless you everyone,
Gina

4 Comments:

  • At 5:34 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Wow Gina, It sounds like you had a fantastic day. I could just picture all of you in the park playing. How nice. I think it was a good thing to take the time and have a family day. I am sure the kids will all remember it.. Its the small stuff they seem to remember the most.
    Make sure you save or print this blog out for Sara when she is older. You know how computers are, all of a sudden it crashes and then nothing.

    Love and kisses from our family to yours.
    Trudy Bill and family.

     
  • At 7:52 p.m., Blogger Living Life with Sophia said…

    Gina What an unbelievable post...I could picture all of you enjoying your Family Day together. You know how to make kids happy KFC & Dairy Queen!! Wow... I am so happy that your First Family Day was memorable for all of you. The personalized gift will always be treasured I am sure.

    Thinking of all of you...
    Les, Patricia, Raffael, Michael & Sophia
    xoxoxoxo

     
  • At 10:27 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    This post was all about a remarkable day that was spent with a fabulous family. You have definitely taken the word "FAMILY" right to a different level. The bonding and being able to just have fun must have been so enjoyable. I'm glad that everyone had a great time together and it seemed that you planned it right to detail perfection. (Good food, nice weather and just being all there for each other)

    The Savoia Family

     
  • At 9:23 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Zia Gina, your Family day sounded great. Im so happy Sara enjoyed her special day with her mom, brothers and sister.

    It was so much fun you and the kids came over ti Zia Vandas house. I know for sure that the kids had a ball. Especially Daniel and Sara, when they would go on there rescue adventures like Dora & Diego. LOL

    Well have a great week and next during the day I'll be coming up with boys because I have doctors and dentist appt. But I'll call before, it will bw on Thursday 10th .

    Ciao for now, Love you guys very much always & forever!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home