Journey To Sara

Hello Everyone! Welcome to our Blog! I'm Gina & my hubby is Philip. We have 3 bio children and we are thrilled to be in our first adoption journey to Ukraine to find our little Sara. I truly believe this is a call from God and look forward to traveling with HIM on our side. We feel very grateful to be given the honour of adopting a child into our family. It has been simply amazing!! Please enjoy as you join us on our journey to Sara.......

Sunday, March 19, 2006

I'm Back!

I finally got back from Florida today! Whew! What a long drive home. I think I was just anxious to get home as soon as possible. We have only 6 days before we leave!!! I still can't believe we are actually going. Everything is happening so fast! We had a great time with the kids in Florida. We all got burnt to a crisp. We still had fun anyways. We travelled with some good friends of ours. We visited with my parents and my sister-in-law, her sister and daughter came to spend a whole day with us and it was great. There were so many children of all ages. I couldn't help but watch kids that were about 3 or 4 years old. I would daydream about the little girls being our child and thinking....maybe she has dark hair and eyes or light hair and eyes or maybe a mixture of both! I enjoyed watching them very much. I tried to also study the Russian language with my booklets and C.D.'s. Especially on the long drive there and back. I also went onto FRUA to see if there was anything new happening. Apparently there has been a new law passed in Ukraine that gives the old NAC jurisdiction till the end of March. The New Ministry takes over on May 1st. It seems like they are going to use all of April to do the whole transition over to the new Ministry. Everyone (including me) is worried about how this will affect people who have end of March appointments. I suppose we should prepare for any delays. My understanding is that April is to be used to finish adoptions for people who are in Ukraine at that present time. I pray that ours will be done before the New Ministry takes over. I will really have to concentrate on leaving all the worrying to God and just trust in him totally. Things will work out exactly the way they are supposed to in order for us to unite with our daughter............Sara.

5 Comments:

  • At 8:27 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Welcome Back!!!...I can't belive the day is fast approaching but it is and you guys must be a bundle of emotions!...Like you said ZiaGi God will lead you to Sara all you have to do now is follow!...We want to come by before you guys leave for the Ukraine...I will call you sometime this week...See you soon...Avelia ;)

     
  • At 7:46 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Gina and Family:: Glad you had a good trip to Florida and best of luck and safe journey to Ukraine: Take Care Gary & Shari

     
  • At 9:19 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hi mom i love u xoxoxoxoxoxoxo ur the best ever i will miss u :(:(

     
  • At 9:33 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Zia Gina! I hope you guys have a fun time in the Ukraine and I know everything will go great for the adoption. It's neat hearing about your journey to adoption and then thinking that my parents went through the same thing for me. I can't wait until Sara is here, because then i could talk to her about how I was adopted. See you soon!!..xxooxx...Cynthia

     
  • At 8:31 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    best regards, nice info » »

     

Post a Comment

<< Home